While many things have changed during quarantine, one has remained constant: My devotion to Lunya as my favorite petite pajamas. Since I’m exclusively telecommuting, my Lunya pajamas (and cardigan from The Reset that I scored at their warehouse sale) continue to be my go-to for days on end.
For the uninitiated: Lunya makes the most comfortable and flattering sleepwear I’ve ever seen. Their specialty is washable silk, but they’ve expanded into many different fabric collections. Lunya sets are expensive, but they are built to last with customer service to back it up. One of my sets had a fraying seam, and after seeing a photo they sent me a whole new set free of charge. It was at my doorstep in 2 days — very impressive. Since entering COVID-19 quarantine, I’ve worn one of my Lunya sets quite literally every day. They are comfortable enough for lounging, and sleek enough for Zoom conference calls. I’ve even ran errands and walked my dog in my Lunya.
My Lunya Experience
I asked for my first Lunya washable silk set as a holiday gift from family. I’m relatively frugal and desperately wanted to try the brand, but was afraid of the price point. I was also worried about buying from a brand that has no stores nearby to help me with sizing. I’m 5’0 and 110 pounds (with the ability to fluctuate by 10 lbs at the drop of a hat), so it’s rare that I ever find clothes to fit my petite frame. That is, unless the brand has a dedicated petite section (and many of the best don’t). So when it came time to select the right Lunya set, I did a lot of research. From website reviews to bloggers to Youtube, I scoured it all. Any petite lady can attest: It’s so tough buying clothes online because you really have no clue how it’s going to turn out. Maybe it runs true to size, but are the sleeves going to be significantly longer than your arms? That’s a real question I ask frequently.
Fast forward to today, and I now have 3 different Lunya sets that function great as petite pajamas. I absolutely love them. As a fashion minimalist, I chose to invest in 3 total pairs of loungewear. So instead of having a drawer full of sweatpants and different pajamas, I have 3 total sets of pajamas — a cozy cotton set for winter, a washable silk short set for summer, and a washable silk pant set for spring/fall.
Here are the 3 Lunya sets that I live for:
Best All-Around Petite Pajamas: The Harem Pant Set
Of all the sets, this is the petite pajamas I’d purchase again and again. Once I realized we were going to be required to shelter in place due to COVID-19, I ordered these. I expected to live in them 24/7, and that’s exactly what has happened. The harem pants fit well on my natural waist and hit just above my ankle bone. They have an elastic waistband that has non-slip lining in the front so they stay put. The camisole is pretty enough to wear out with a pair of jeans, and both the straps adjust so you can get the perfect fit (this is critical when you’re petite, or you’ll end up overexposed).
Petite Pajama Tips:
- If you haven’t worn harem pants (or any pants with a drop crotch), it can take some getting used to. If you like to really spread out in bed, you might find it limiting. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m totally serious.
- The pants are seriously high-waisted — At my height, I could hike them up to my bra line if I wanted to.
- They wrinkle relatively easily, but still looked great.
- You can tuck in the cami and wear the set out — it looks like a high-end jumpsuit (just be sure to wash or steam it first!)
Best Winter Petite Pajamas: The Restore Travel Kit
This is an excellent set of winter pajamas (and a great opportunity to try many pieces of Lunya). The set comes with their pocket leggings, a long sleeve t-shirt, tank, socks, eye mask, and washing bag. This is a very versatile set that can also be worn out — it’s great for plane rides and hotel rooms when you aren’t quite sure how hot/cold you’re going to be. While not as thermo-regulating as the washable silk, this set is very cozy and I don’t find myself getting overheated.
Petite Pajama Tips:
- Use the washing bag to wash all your Lunya/delicates. It could also be used for quick trips to the grocer. It’s made well.
- The tank has some compression properties, which will make you feel extra supported. It does fit tight, but has a really nice ‘hugging’ sensation. I generally like to sleep in loose-fitting items, but love sleeping in this tank.
- The leggings did start to pill a bit after the first few washings, but still look great.
Best Summer Petite Pajamas: The Oversized Tee Set
This set is definitely a gamble for petite women. Anything deemed ‘oversized’ can be dangerous, because you end up swimming in fabric. This set is the perfect level of oversized, with a high-low hem so you aren’t overwhelmed. You can definitely wear the shirt out under a leather jacket with jeans.
Petite Pajama Tips:
- The shorts are very short, and not really made for those with muscular legs or hips. If you have slender legs, you’ll love them. If you don’t, they might fit a little weird/even shorter than expected. Consider sizing up if you have muscular legs.
- Combine the oversized tee with the harem pants or restore leggings to mix and match sets.
- The pocket is large enough to store your phone, and sturdy enough to keep the pocket upright.
Have you tried any of Lunya’s sets? What are your favorite petite pajamas? Would love to know your thoughts in the comments!